writers commonly do not discuss English regularly, and when another

Sinkhole Claims

Do you have a sinkhole on your residential or commercial property? Have you filed a claim with your insurance company and are being denied? If so contact The Freeman Law Firm, P.A. and get the legal help you need to pursue a reasonable outcome or financial settlement for your sinkhole insurance claim. At The Freeman Law Firm, P.A., our attorneys understand the devastation one can experience as a result from a sinkhole to their home or business. Dealing with a sinkhole can be a terrifying situation and can cause a lot of frustration. In addition to dealing with the damage and losses, a denied insurance claim can leave you feeling discouraged about returning your assets back to their pre-loss state. Hiring a professional to help you with the process of filing your claim can not only help you feel more at ease but ensure you are getting the coverage you are entitled to. Since 1996, The Freeman Law Firm, P.A. has helped home and business owners with their sinkhole insurance claims. Do not let your insurance company deny, delay or underpay you for your sinkhole claim. Contact The Freeman Law Firm today, “Our Business is Fighting your Insurance Company.”

Has your insurance company denied, delayed or underpaid your sinkhole claim?

Get the settlement you deserve.

Florida law defines a sinkhole as “a land form created by subsidence of soil, sediment, or rock as underlying strata are dissolved by groundwater. A sinkhole may form by collapse into subterranean voids created by the dissolution of limestone or dolostone or by subsidence as these strata are dissolved.”


Florida Law defines catastrophic ground cover collapse as geological activity that results in all the following:

  • The abrupt collapse of the ground cover
  • A depression in the ground cover clearly visible to the naked eye
  • Structural damage to the building, including the foundation
  • The insured structure being condemned and ordered to be vacated by the governmental agency authorized by law to issue such an order for that structure.